Saturday 7 November 2015

Art Essentials

Wow it's already been about a year since I last uploaded a blog! Haha anyways for those who are new, WELCOME TO SENPAI NINA'S BLOG :D

For this post, I'll be posting everything about my basic and essential art materials. Basically materials which I feel are most useful and that I use most! Hope it helps =^__^=




INTO THE RABBIT HOLE WE GO~






1. Micron Pens!



My favourite and most used sizes for my microns are 0.5, 0.3, 0.1 and 0.05. They are amazing for illustration and typography as I feel they run really really smoothly! The only downside is that the 0.05 pen must be used really gently or you may break the tip :'-( I've broke it several ties too!!! 

#RIP0.05



Mircon pens can be found in a lot of places! Even popular carries them :D I usually buy them at art friend for around $2 each!





2. Copic Pens


Many of you know copic markers right? Well they carry pens too! I'm kind of starting to fall in love with this set of my copic pens <3 Well, like the micron pens, they come in an assortment of sizes, they even carry 0.03! (Which I'm too afraid to use incase I break the tip) Copics are alcohol based pens hence they dry fast and apply really smoothly too!

I got this set for about $22 at art friend! (You're gonna realise that I get ALL my materials from art friend! heh)






3. Brush Pen


This reminded me of a calligraphy brush kind of pen! Its fully black and comes in other colours like silver, gold, red, blue, etc. However black is my favourite by far (duh)

What I love about this brush pen is the kind of style I can produce with it! It was daunting in the beginning learning how to use it, but after a while, it became easier and simpler!

The thing you have to be cautioned about using the brush pen is that when you need to supply more ink to the tip, you don't over squeeze it as you'll end up making it leak!


Art friend carries this for about $8? And they also sell refills! This is a demonstration on how I like to use my brush pen. Below is the end product!






4. Water colour pen/ Aqua pen


This has really helped me for illustrations especially for my art O levels! It makes water colour works much more easy!


Basically, this is my water colour set and to use the aqua pen, you just squeeze the body so a bit of water reaches the tip and you start to apply it to the dried water colour blocks as seen in the picture below! Its about $6 for one!


Afterwards, it's much like the brush pen where you just apply it to the paper. This aqua pen comes in small medium and large brushes! This is a medium tip i have if I'm not wrong, I've been trying to find a small tip D:



5. Assorted Brushes


Yea these are just brushes haha. Nothing much!


I use them mainly for ink works! E.g acrylic inks. I love the smaller ones (the emerald green bodied ones) as you can see I have quite a few. This is due to the fact that I do a lot of detailed work, small detailed kind hence I find the smaller kind of brushes better :D

However they're quite pricey but trust me, you won't regret investing in this if you like using brushes! This range of Daler Rowney brushes is BAE.





6. Daily Stationary

Last of all, your everyday stationary! NEVER OVER LOOK THE POWER OF UNIBALL PENS! I do most of my doodles with these pens :D

Never forgetting my derpy eraser and pencil!



The rest in this pouch are just items I keep inside which I don't think are that important to me and I seldom use them :P


So theres my art materials! Recap below, all these are my essentials where it comes to illustrations or typography.


I love my pens :D




Thanks for reading! Feel free to drop me a question at my ask fm if you have any other request for future blog posts!

instagram: (main) ninja.nina24
(art account/ shop) senpaii.draws

askfm: http://ask.fm/Ninaneo


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment