Wednesday 18 November 2015

How To Shadow

So a lot of people have been asking me on ask on tips for typography.

Well, mainly it takes a lot of practise! Trust me. This was my very first piece believe it or not!

  
Compare it to this... gosh *cringes*


As you see besides practise, I like to get inspiration from other artists which i find on good type. I love to play around mixing fonts and some other times, I like to just use one type of font for the whole piece :D


Okay so down to business, a lot of you have been asking how to determine where to add shadows! Take a look at some examples below!


 Okay I've been trying to import a video forever UGHH. Here it is! (I really hope it works omg)


Okay so basically, just position your 'imaginary' light source and where ever the light falls on, draw there :D (as what I have said in the video) So i hope it helps if not ill melt into the ground :'-)



Anyways, here my finished product!
 You can take this for reference!


Tralala hope this small tutorial thing helps ><" I'm still really not sure how to explain that well (forgive me) It's just very instinctive to me so I'm still working on explain stuff :D


Anyways, thanks for reading! The next post will be all about water colouring! Stay tuned~


No comments:

Post a Comment